Tuesday 31 January 2012

Abstract art squit

Abstract 10

This is one of my favourite abstract images to date, and was created after viewing some of the amazing work created by Kandinsky.

The colours used by Kandinsky are what inspired me more than anything to do this piece of abstract artwork. Of course the brilliance in Kandinsky's work is in many aspects of what he creates, but for some reason it's the mix of colours that draw me in more than anything else.

I would love to be able to paint like Kandinsky, but alas I do not posses the skill necessary to do so. I do however love to mix, layer, and experiment with colour and materials in an abstract way, and hopefully this piece of abstract artwork, directly inspired by Kandinsky's work reflects this approach.

My love for pure expression is what drives me to create. I hope this piece in some way inspires somebody to create in a similar way.


By Heston Quiff

No comments:

Post a Comment