Wednesday 18 January 2012

Abstract art squit


Abstract triptych: Part 1

This abstract piece of artwork is actually the first section, looking from left to right, of an abstract triptych that I have created.

I was unable to upload all three pieces together as I would have prefered, so I will post each part of the triptych individualy starting with part 1.

This triptych has been created using an assortment of coloured marker pens of varying thickness, as well as pencil, and fineline pens.

The reason I created this triptych was purely as a result of watching an amazing documentary on New york graffiti artists. The artistic abilities of the graffiti artists were incredible and I feel that graffiti as an art form is still massively underated.

My main goal was to try and create the mix of colours, as well as the feel of a spray can being used in a primitive, yet seriously creative way on a random piece of wall.

All pieces of the triptych are postcard sized, and were created on one large piece of plain card before being cut down to their individual sizes.

                           
                                                                                                         By Heston Quiff        

No comments:

Post a Comment