Tuesday 10 April 2012

The pursuit of a new personality


Who do you want to be in life?


Here we have an old collage from the early nineties which was part of an exhibition that I held to show off my collage artwork.

The exhibition was held at my local library for a week and involved yours truly being subjected to a vast array of odd individuals passing through the library, and leaving incomprehensible comments in my comment book, along with faint odours of urine, hot sausage rolls, cold coffee, and Murray mints.

In hindsight it may have been an idea to construct some form of cordon to at least protect me from the flashes of insanity coming from the people viewing my work, but to be honest the whole experience was simply that, an experience, and I wouldn't change it for the world...although it would have been nice to actually sell something even if it was to somebody who smelt of cold coffee and piss!

As for the collage it is about the pursuit of a new identity, or new personality that is different from the one we exist as for most of our lives. Some people are happy with who they are, where as some people strive to become someone, or something else altogether.


For all artwork, magazines, music, comic strips, and much more visit www.instantnowhere.com and subscribe to an instant nowhere kulture.


By Heston Quiff


No comments:

Post a Comment